LionMaster Challengers: The power and excitement of these great locomotives comes with all the features of our scale LEGACY models but in a size runs on O31 curves! Among the most successful of the big articulated steam designs, Challengers could be found on railroads all across the United States hauling...
LionMaster Challengers: The power and excitement of these great locomotives comes with all the features of our scale LEGACY models but in a size runs on O31 curves!
Among the most successful of the big articulated steam designs, Challengers could be found on railroads all across the United States hauling everything from coal to passengers. Well-regarded for their power, speed, and efficiency, there were few challenges these mighty locomotives couldn't overcome.
Small enough to go almost anywhere but big enough to look the part, the LionMaster line gives you the best of both worlds.
BUILT TO ORDER
- LEGACY Control System equipped - able to run in LEGACY Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- Odyssey II Speed Control with On/Off switch
- LEGACY RailSounds sound system featuring:
- CrewTalk dialog and TowerCom announcements, each with different scenarios depending on whether the locomotive is in motion or stopped
- Six official railroad speeds with Crew-Talk dialog
- DynaChuff synchronized chuffing that shifts through 32 levels of intensity as the locomotive gains speed
- LEGACY "Real-Time Quilling Whistle" control with instant response for realistic signature "quilling" and correctly timed warning signals
- Single hit or continuous mechanical bell sounds
- Sequence Control plays the sound effects of an entire trip, including warning sounds and announcements, based on the movement and speed of the locomotive
- Current speed and fuel dialog, refueling sound effects
- IR transmitter works with LCS SensorTrack™
- Two maintenance-free motor with momentum flywheels
- Wireless Tether connection between locomotive and tender
- ElectroCoupler on rear of tender
- Directional lighting including operating headlight and back-up light on rear of tender
- Illuminated classification lights on the front of locomotive
- Traction tires
- Whistle Steam smoke effect
- Die-cast metal locomotive body, pilot, and trucks
- Die-cast metal tender body and trucks
- High level of separately applied metal details
- Separately applied builder's plates
- Synchronized fan-driven smoke units
- Adjustable smoke output
- Authentically detailed cab interior
- Cab window "glass"
- Engineer/Fireman figures
- Rail Line: Western Maryland
- Road Number: 1201
- Gauge: O Gauge
- Scale Type: Traditional
- Brand: Lionel
- Power: Electric
- Min Curve: O-31
- Dimensions: Length: 27.5"
- Most Recent Catalog: 2015 Lionel Signature Edition